The Project Management in Construction field of study trains professionals to play a leading role in the international construction industry. It molds students to become active leaders in the construction industry and large construction project. The program prepares for students:
- To become outstanding managers and decision-makers familiar with the modern techniques of construction management, engineering management and infrastructure management
- To more competent and capable to manage international large construction projects
- To be able to assist the corporation to install and develop project management system in a company.
MAIN FEATURES OF THE PROGRAM
- One year professional AIT Master’s degree.
- Credits can be accumulated during four years
- Certificate course works.
- International field trip to the large construction sites in the region
- Study language: English.
AIT Professional Master Program is designed for those engineers who cannot leave their work while following a master program. The program is conducted in one year. To complete the master program, participants need to complete 11 courses and 1 project report with total 33 credits.
In the first two semesters, students will take basic and advanced courses selected in consultation with an academic/thesis advisor from among the regular courses offered at AIT. During the third semester, students will carry out their project study. Students will conduct international field trips:
- First trip: Study at AIT
- Second trip: visit to the large construction sites outside Vietnam, such as Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, China and Taiwan or do internship in AIT Thailand
- Third trip: to AIT to attend Graduation ceremony
CE70.12 Organizational Management in Construction
CE70.21 Integrated Project Planning and Control
CE70.11 Project Cost and Financial Management
CE70.44 Communication and Negotiation skills for Project Managers
CE70.33 Safety and Health Management in Construction
CE70.22 Legal and Contractual Risk Management
CE70.43 Project Financing
CE70.14 Quality Management in Construction
Faculties are from Construction Engineering and Infrastructure Management (CEIM) program – AIT. CEIM is highly experienced in project management education, from short training programs to master programs, doctoral programs and post-doctoral programs. So far, there are more than 800 masters and doctors graduated in Project Management program and more than 500 trainees from short training programs received certificates offered by CEIM. CEIM also have its strong partnership with government’s construction organizations and industrial zones in providing consultancy services and professional researches to enhance the quality of construction projects
Dr. Chotchai Charoenngam
Prof. Stephen O. Ogunlana
Burin Kunatippapong, M.Eng
Gary E. Griggs, M.S.
Dr. Veerasak Likhitruangsilp
Dr. Theerathorn Tharatchai
Dr. Takayuki Minato
Dr. Santi Charoenpornpattana
Ng Eng Wan, MBA, CPA
Prof. Christian Brockman
Wiboon Tachapaisalkul, M.Eng
To be eligible for admission to the AIT Professional master’s program, an applicant must:
- Hold a Bachelor degree (normally from a four-year program), or its equivalent, in an appropriate field of study.
- Have undergraduate grades significantly above average.
- Have good command of English
- At least three year of working experiences
Application form can be downloaded at HERE
Application submission fee: $20. This fee is paid to AIT-VN when applicants submit the application documents.
ENGLISH ENTRY REQUIREMENT
AIT is an international institute with English as the sole language of instruction. Admission to AIT requires proof of English language proficiency which may be satisfied in any requirement of the following:
- IELTS (5.0)
- TOEFL (Paper -based: 500; Computer – Based:173; or Internet – based: 61)
- AITEIT (5.0). Applicants can apply for English Test offered by AIT at AIT-VN. English Test fee: $20.
Our Renowned Professors
Dr. / Associate Professor
Asian Institute of Technology - Thailand. Specialization: Organizational Management, Project Management, construction Safety Management, Construction quality management. Nationality: Indonesian