Professional Master in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (PMDS)
In the next 10 years, data science and AI will touch nearly every aspect of human endeavor, transforming the way we live and work. In the longer term, Artificial General Intelligence will likely emerge as one of the most disruptive and productive technologies human kind has ever seen. Are you ready for the age of data science and AI? AIT is ready to help you get abreast of current technology and prepare for the big changes that are coming. For further information about the Regular Master’s in Data Science and AI, please CLICK HERE . For further information about the Professional Master’s in Data Science and AI which is designed for working people in Vietnam, please click here to Download Flyer.
The AIT Master’s in DS&AI was designed in partnership with the ERASMUS+DS&AI consortium, a group of 15 European and Asian universities and companies with the mission of bringing European-standard advanced education to Asia.
Data science (DS) is concerned with the extraction of useful knowledge from data sets. It is closely related to the fields of computer science, mathematics, and statistics. It is a relatively new term for a broad set of skills spanning the more established fields of machine learning, data mining, databases, and visualization, along with their applications in various fields. In 2012, Harvard Business Review called the data science “The Sexiest Job of the 21st Century.”
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the broad field conceived in 1956 as the automation or simulation of human intelligence. AI has two primary “levels”. The first level, “narrow AI”, concerns perception, statistical inference, and actuation, drawing on data science, sensors, and robotics. The second level, sometimes called “artificial general intelligence (AGI), is concerned with more complex or flexible reasoning and decision making in less constrained domains.
The AIT Masters in DS & AI was designed in partnership with the Erasmus+ DS&AI consortium, a group of 15 European and Asian organizations with the mission of bringing European-standard advanced education to Asia. At AIT, we will prepare you to understand and execute projects using state of the art technology at both levels.
MAIN FEATURES OF THE PROGRAM
- One year professional AIT Master’s degree.
- Credits can be accumulated during four years
- Certificate course works.
- International field trip to the large construction sites in the region
- Study language: English.
The program is designed for working professionals with a background in ICT who would like to extend their skillset to encompass data science. The program is initially designed for the Vietnamese professional market, but we will explore opportunities in countries such as Nepal, Myanmar, Thailand, Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan, China, Indonesia, and Malaysia.
- To study DS&AI, students should come from one of the following backgrounds. Computer Science/Computer Engineering/ICT.
- Engineering background with work experience, mathematical skills, and programming skills.
- Diverse backgrounds such as business, finance, or other non-engineering fields. Candidates must take a foundation course in calculus, discrete mathematics, linear algebra, and basic computer programming.
Master in DS&AI is of 30 credits which includes 24 course credits and 6 project credits. The program comprises of three semesters:
|First semester||January 2021 to May 2021||Core and elective courses|
|Second semester||June to October 2021||Core and elective course|
|Third semester||November to December 2021||Individual project with industry|
|Graduation||December 2021||Project defense and graduation ceremony at AIT.|
The program is conducted during non-working hours (weekends and evenings).
Language of Instruction: English
- Data Modeling and Management
- Machine Learning
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Computer Programming for Data Science
- Mathematic Foundation for Data Science
Elective Courses (Choose two)
- Computer Vision
- HCI and Information Visualization
- Recent Trends in Machine Learning
- Multicriteria Optimization and Decision Analysis (MODA)
- Software Development and Project Management (SDPM)
Faculties are from AIT in Thailand, School of Engineering and Technology (SET).
- Associate Professor Chutiporn Anutariya
- Professor Matthew N. Dailey
- Associate Professor Vatcharaporn Esichaikul
- Professor Phan Minh Dung
- Assistant Professor Chaklam Silpasuwanchai
- Associate Professor Mongkol Ekpanyapong
Please click HERE for more detailed.
Associate Professor Chutiporn Anutariya
Professor Matthew N. Dailey
Associate Professor Vatcharaporn Esichaikul
Professor Phan Minh Dung
Assistant Professor Chaklam Silpasuwanchai
Associate Professor Mongkol Ekpanyapong
To be eligible for admission to AIT Professional Master’s, an applicant must:
- Hold a Bachelor degree (from a four-year program), or its equivalent, in a relevant field of study.
- Have above average undergraduate grades.
- Have good command of English.
- At least three-year working experience.
English Requirements prior to joining AITVN and AIT for Master’s Program:
TABLE OF EQUIVALENCY IN ENGLISH PROFICIENCY TESTS
(Writing Band/Section Only)
|4.5||4.5||475 (49-51)||152 (17-19)||50 (12-13)||B2|
|5||5||500 (52-55)||173 (20-22)||60 (14-17)||B2|
|5.5||5.5||525 (56-58)||196 (23-24)||70 (18-20)||B2|
|6||6||550 (59-61)||213 (25-26)||80 (21-23)||B2|
- English test will be conducted by AIT Language Center (through AITVN) upon arrival. Test fee of THB800 will be borne/paid by students.
- Students with the English Score of less than 4.5 are not eligible to join the program or English Bridging Program.
- AIT Entrance English requirement is 6.0.Conditional offers will be given to those with 5.0 and 5.5 on the condition that students continue to attend English classes and achieve required 6.0 or above before enrolling for thesis credits.
Applicants can apply for AIT English Entry Test offered by AIT in Vietnam.
The selection to the program will be based on several criteria such as experience, accomplishments and level of responsibility of the applicant. In each group admitted, the School will seek a balanced mix of industries and specialist experience. The selection procedure emphasizes a dialogue with each applicant. The selected applicants will be informed of admission in July of the year.
Application and Interview: From November, 2020
English Entry Test: Every Tuesday
Orientation and Start of Class: 18th December, 2020
Ms. Pham Thi Thanh Thuy – National Coordinator of Professional Master in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (PMDS)
Asian Institute of Technology in Vietnam
6th Floor, FCC Building, 45 Dinh Tien Hoang,
Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
Email: email@example.com; Cell phone: +84 983 437 728
Our Renowned Professors
Associate Dean of SET
FoS: Computer Science and Information Management Research Interests: Learning Technologies and Massive Open Online Course (MOOCs), Database and Information Systems, Knowledge Representation and Knowledge Management, Open Data and Open Government Data, Semantic and Linked Data Technologies, Ontologies, Web and Mobile Technologies.
Department Head ICT
FoS: Computer Science and Information Management Research Interests: Machine vision and learning, especially as applied to mobile robot perception and navigation, Robotics and intelligent systems; Combining statistical learning theory with computer vision and integrating the resulting technology into autonomous robot sensory and control systems; A diverse set of potential applications, including landmine removal, security systems, […]
FoS: Computer Science and Information Management Research Interests: Electronic Commerce/Electronic Business; Web-based Information Systems; Hypermedia; Data Warehousing/Data Mining Teaching Interests Management Support Systems; Information Systems Management; Electronic Commerce/Electronic Business; Strategic Information System; Human-Computer Interaction.