The AIT alumni community is a global network of science, technology and management leaders and entrepreneurs. This page brings you news from AIT alumni around the world, as well as the latest happenings on the AIT campus.
Our Alumni Network
The Asian Institute of Technology in Vietnam was established in 1993. Two years later, the AIT Alumni Network in Vietnam (AITAA-VN) was established with the number of AIT graduates around 400. The AITAA-VN network operates mainly in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
AITAA-VN maintains yearly meeting in the North and South at the end of the year or at the beginning of the new year. Every three or five years, there will be large workshops/ meetings and that attract a large number of alumni across the whole country.
From 2011 up to now, AITAA-VN has been much stronger with the number of alumni increasing rapidly. In the whole country now there are more than 3800 AIT alumni. The organizational structure grows better and more specified. Many small associations in provinces and regions are established. The general management of AITAA-VN includes Board of Director, the Executive Board and the common fund. The President of AITAA-VN is elected by the Board of Director and held within 2 years.
AITAA-VN has its own mailing group and the Facebook links. The AIT alumni nationwide organizes a number of joint activities such as sports competitions, raising fund for charity and commutes annually, travel with other AIT alumni on the occasion of the AITAA Networking Event of alumni leaders at that country.
Join the growing network of AIT Alumni Association in Vietnam (AITAA-VN) on Facebook. Please CLICK HERE!
Look up the directory of AITAA-VN Alumni HERE
- Position: Program Officer – based in Hanoi Office
- Department/Section: SOM in Vietnam (School of Management)
- Program: SOM (iEMBA & DBA program) in Hanoi
- Intermediate Supervisor: SOM National Coordinator in Hanoi
- Salary grade: Negotiate
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in administrative, promoting activities works
- Knowledge of institutions, industries and donors in the Vietnamese context
- Good command in both English and Vietnamese
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability in using online training software
- Bachelor Degree (preferably MBA) or equivalent, and several year experience in the areas of training, education and promotion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Basic Function: Provide administrative support to SOM academic programs Coordinator
- Administrative and Marketing works of the Program
- Handling various administrative tasks including data entry, data cleansing, photocopying, fax & filing, sorting mail, incoming calling, etc.
- Recording the information of interested people and follow up
- Supporting Coordinators in promoting, doing advertisement and visit companies
- Meeting & Greeting visitors
- Processing invoices and statements, checking reports
- Preparing budget and following the aging reports
- Updating database of companies for sending Program introduction
- Processing admission procedures of candidates including enrollment and graduation
- Booking hotel, pick up/ drop of service for guests and faculties and participants during the study and graduation trips.
- Support for case research/final projects
- Recording progress or status, and maintaining communication with SOM office at SOM concerning status
- Supporting students for graduation
- Support for iEMBA & DBA classes
- Filling and managing SOM library
- Preparing logistics for the class
- Take caring the faculty and participants during the class
- Managing student performance
- Others related to office works may be assigned by the Director or the SOM National Coordinators
Deadline for application: 20 August 2020
OUR PROMINENT ALUMNI
Prof. Nguyen Quan
Ministry of Science and Technology
Mr. Dang Hoang An
President and CEO
Vietnam Electricity Corporation (EVN)
Mr. Nguyen Huu Quang
Parliament’s Finance and State Budget Committee
Mr. Truong Chi Trung
Ministry of Finance
Dr. Tran Thuc
Vietnam Institute of Meteorology, Hydrology and Environment
Prof. Huynh Ngoc Phien
Chairman – General Director