An Giang University signed MOU with the AIT-VN
On 20 February 2017, the Asian Institute of Technology in Vietnam (AITVN) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) with the An Giang University (AGU) in An Giang. The two parties have agreed to foster cooperation in research, training and education development.
Following up the visit to Mekong Delta in September 2016, the Asian Institute of Technology in Vietnam proceeded to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) with the An Giang University on 20/2/2017 in An Giang province. The purpose of the MoU is to reinforce the strategic cooperation between AITVN and AGU for joint professional training and research to serve the human resource development needs of the Mekong Delta Region in general and An Giang province in particular. Preference will be given to the fields of Technology, Environmental Engineering and Management, Agriculture, Fisheries, Climate Change, Business and Development which are considered as strong areas of interest of both AITVN and AGU. The discussion of cooperation took place during the visit in September 2016 and on this basis, AITVN and AGU have reached the consensus and signed the MOU.Ms. Nguyen Thi Bich Hoa, Deputy Director of AITVN and Assoc. Prof Vo Van Thang, Rector of AGU signed the MOU in presence of Dr. Tran Van Dat, Vice Rector of AGU, Ms. Vuong Thi My Tam – Head of Scientific Research Administration and International Cooperation Section of AGU, Dr. Huynh Van Tien – Associate Head of SRA&IC Section of AGU, and Prof. Nguyen Cong Thanh, Advisor of the Climate Change Initiative of AITVN.
AIT Vietnam (AIT-VN, former AITCV) was established in 1993 under the agreement between the Government of Vietnam represented by the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) and the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Bangkok, Thailand. AITVN takes pride in being the first international education institution in Vietnam and the first center of AIT out of its headquarters in Thailand. The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is an international institute of higher learning. The Institute was founded in 1959 and is Asia’s pioneer institution established to help meet the region’s growing needs for advanced learning in engineering, science, technology and management, research and capacity building. AITVN’s mission is to develop highly qualified and committed professionals to play a leading role in the sustainable development of the region and its integration into the global economy. AITVN is dedicated to providing the highest quality education for future leaders and professionals in Vietnam. AITVN provides a friendly and ideal environment with a strong international culture of tolerance.
- AIT-VN signed MOU with the Tra Vinh University
- Scholarship - The course of PRINCIPLES OF ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT REVIEW, 17-20 April 2017
- Vietnam Learning Center - Training program 2017
- Eduniversal 2016 Business School Ranking Results
- Completion of a training cum study tour course on “Community-based disaster risk reduction in changing climate” in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Beijing
- Completion of a training program on “Basic concepts on Integrated Water Resource Management” from 24-26/9 and 04-06/10/2016, in Ho Chi Minh City and Nam Dinh province
- Completion of the training program on “Value chain development and market linkage” on 24-26/8 and 07-09/9/2016 in Tuyen Quang City.
- Completion of a 3-day-training on “Consulting skills” in Tra Vinh City