The Vietnam Learning Center on Environmental and Social Sustainability (LC)
LC was established in April 2015 under the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Asian Institute of Technology in Vietnam (AITVN) and its development partners, including the World Bank Group, the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) of the Australian Embassy. The center is being established with initial funding support from the Australian Government. Other development partners have committed to provide technical support.
Vietnam Learning Center on Environmental and Social Sustainability (LC) – Competency Development for PMUs and professional consultants
LC addresses to the biggest needs of:
- Capacity building of PMUs
- Competence enhancement of PMU’s professionals, local government officers and consultants
- Development of a professional career for relevant professionals
- Participants who complete and meet the LC’s requirements will get a certificate of course completion of the LC/AITVN.
- The training programs of the LC will be beneficial for the environmental and social experts and consultants of donor-funded infrastructure projects (CPMUs/PPMUs), freelance consultants and other practitioners who desire to develop a professional career in Environmental and Social Impact Assessment, Involuntary Resettlement and other related fields.
- Participants who complete and meet the LC’s requirements will get a certificate of course completion issued by AITVN which is justified by the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank
- Training of Trainers course on Social Assessment
- Training of Trainers course on Consultation and Participation
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
- How to Review ES02 Environmental Impact Assessment
- Involuntary Resettlement
- Indigenous People
- Social Assessment