Professional Development Program on Artificial Intelligence for Healthcare
Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies stand poised to disrupt virtually every sector of industry in coming decades. Business models and jobs in diverse areas such as healthcare, transportation, insurance, logistics, and customer service will change dramatically. AI specialists are already in demand in every industry, and the global market for AI in healthcare is among the strongest, with growth to more than 20 billion US dollars annually expected by 2023.
The use of AI has been a major development in healthcare, and AI technologies are being applied to a wide range of problems, including detection of disease, management of chronic conditions, delivery of health services, and new drug discovery. AI technologies are providing unprecedented opportunities to address important health challenges that stand in the way of providing quality healthcare for all. With the availability of vast amounts of health data and the ever-increasing capabilities of data analytics, understanding AI and the challenges and opportunities it creates has never been more important.
This one-week professional development training program on “Artificial Intelligence for Healthcare: Innovations, Challenges Emerging and Opportunities” is designed to help healthcare professionals learn about myriad AI technologies for healthcare, explore possible applications, and understand the issues these applications might cause, for example, whether AI is dehumanizing healthcare and how AI might improve today’s healthcare systems.
The professional development training course will be conducted by AIT Extension, Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand.
The Artificial Intelligence for Healthcare training course aims to broaden the knowledge and vision of healthcare professionals to become change agents for healthcare innovations & challenges.
The specific objectives are to:
- Gain substantive knowledge on different uses of AI today and the future ahead
- Understand the techniques used for different types of AI capabilities
- Have greater understanding of the advantages and practical uses of AI for healthcare
- Understand the strengths and limitations of AI for healthcare
- Select appropriate AI techniques for innovative healthcare applications
- Suggest various operational opportunities for AI in healthcare organizations
After successfully completing this professional development course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the different features, capacities, and purposes of artificial intelligence techniques for healthcare
- Describe the possibilities of applications of AI in healthcare
- Explore the concepts, ethical principles, and approaches of AI within healthcare
- Get a better perspective and new understanding of the future of AI and the road ahead
- Explore methods that will enable us to overcome the challenges of AI in the healthcare domain to ensure AI will support and assist towards better healthcare
Who Should Attend:
This professional development course is designed for health and social care professional, clinical data scientists, medical software engineers, digital medicine specialists, or any professionals who want to understand the basic concepts, challenges, and opportunities of AI in their respective healthcare organizations.
Course Duration & Venue:
This one-week training course will be conducted at the Asian Institute of Technology campus in Bangkok, Thailand. The dates are 6 – 10 April 2020.
The tuition fee is US$ 1,500.- per person, which will cover the cost of resource input, the set of training materials, refreshments during the training sessions, airport transfer, transportation for scheduled study visits, social and cultural visits during weekends, minor medical expenses at AIT Medical Clinic (if necessary), and accident insurance. The tuition fees do not include accommodation, DSA, or airfare.
To apply for this course and for more information, please contact below to discuss the application procedure and other details:
Dr. Pradeep Kumar Dash
Asian Institute of Technology
P. O. Box 4, Klong Luang,
Pathum Thani 12120, Thailand
Tel: +66 2 524-5358
Fax: +66 2 524-6332