NEco-label is one of the voluntary instrument applied by the Government to promote Sustainable Consumption and Production. At this moment, in Vietnam there are Green Label, Energy Saving Label and Green Lotus Label.
The two-day workshop on “Eco-labelling” is designed with the aim to equip participants with basic concepts of sustainable development (SD), Eco-labels and their benefits. It also helps the participants to understand the relation between Eco-labels and SPP to simplify the SPP implementation.
After completing the training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the concept of Eco-label, understand about Vietnam Green Label
- Understand the application process and criteria of Vietnam Green Label
- Understanding the sustainable elements/criteria of Eco-labels and how to integrate them into the public procurement process.
The training is suitable for suppliers, manufacturers, and who are engaging to apply for Eco-labeling certification or intending to submit bids to governmental tenders. Trainers and consultants who are providing training/consultation in public procurement will find the training informative as well.
- Introduction to Sustainable Development
- Introduction to Eco-labels and supporting policy framework
- Introduction to Vietnam Green Label and application process
- Application of Eco-labels in SPP, cases of Vietnam for selected eco – label certified products (CFL, Office paper and LEDs).
The training will consist of lectures, case studies (international, regional and Vietnamese context), and group work. The lectures will present basic concepts and the development of Eco-labels, while the case studies provide practical applications in Vietnam, including integration of sustainability in the public procurement in Vietnam. The case studies will focus on specific products prioritized for Vietnam (CFL, Office paper and LEDs) in identification of needs, product specification, criteria and awarding, contract performance management.
Location and duration
The 2-day training course is organized in Hanoi and Hochiminh City.
- Nguyễn Thị Bích Hòa
Deputy Director of AIT-VN
Expertise: Training-of-trainers, Sustainable Development, Sustainable Consumption and Production, Eco-Innovation and Sustainability.
Nguyễn Thu Hà
Vietnam Environment Administration
Expertise: Eco-label, Vietnam Green Label.
The program is conducted in Vietnamese.
Learners participate 90% of the total training time and actively involve in assignments/ discussions will be awarded the certificate issued by AIT-VN.