The overall objective of the training course is to build capacity for staffers in the project implementation units (PIUs) of infrastructure development projects who are responsible for environmental safeguards. Specifically, the objectives of the course are thus to ensure that the PIU environment staff responsible for implementing EMPs:
- understand what should be done, when, and by whom;
- have the ability to incorporate environmental management requirements into tender and contract documents; and
- have the ability to prepare and assess a site-specific environmental management plan (SEMP) so that construction workers can have a clear picture of what is required on the ground
The training course is designed for:
1. PIU environment staff responsible for implementing EMPs
2. EIA consultants
3. Environmental experts of related governmental agencies
Note: The SEMPs are prepared by the contractor, who is not our target audience. However, project participants must be able to assess and audit SEMPs and what is required for their implementation.
The training course will cover the following topics:
- IFI’s Relationships with Partners
- Roles and Responsibilities of Environment Specialist
- Loans, Tenders and Contracts
- Bid Evaluation
- Introduction to Risk Assessment
- Environmental Management Systems for Major Construction Projects
- Environmental monitoring program
- Inspection and Audit
The training involves participatory learning approaches (PLA), application-oriented and interactive, emphasizing on group discussions and analysis of cases/case studies. The course instructors provide basic knowledge and develop problem solving approaches with participants and their role is essentially that of facilitators. Participants are encouraged to raise their ideas and issues related to the course topics, then brain-storm or discuss with other participants and facilitators to find out solutions as well as draw lessons learned.
Good text books, literature, studies and reliable source of information about EMPs will be introduced.
KEY PROGRAM FEATURES
Times & dates: 2 days; Morning: 8:30 – 12:00 am; Afternoon: 1:30 – 17:00 pm.
Registration: at least 2 weeks before the course starts
Training venue: AIT-VN in Hanoi and in HCMC
Contact: Ms. Pham Thi Thanh Thuy: +84 98 343 7728, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org