The overall objective of the training course is to build capacity for PMUs/ executors and consultants on preparation, supervision and management of the Environmental and social impact assessment/Environmental Management Plan (ESIA/EMP) more effectively and to meet the requirements of the World Bank’s, the Asian Development Bank’s and Vietnam’s principles and standards.
Specifically, the course aim to:
- Provide the knowledge and share the experiences on ESIA preparation, implementation and management at high quality levels to improve the investment process.
- Build up the skills and capacity for staff on cooperation and management the ESIA implementation
- Help the participants to recognize and build up the relationship with project stakeholders for ESIA implementation
The training course is designed for:
- PMU assigned members from WB, ADB projects in Vietnam (managers, technical staff, environment and social staff, etc.)
- EIA consultants
- Environmental experts of related governmental agencies
Minimum requirements for participants are basic knowledge about the EIA and reading some pre-materials before attending the training course.
The training course will cover the following topics:
- WB’s Project Cycle and Why Conduct ESIA?
- Vietnam’s and Donor/International policies and requirements for ESIA
- Screening and scoping
- Impact analysis
- Evaluating impact significance
- Cumulative impact assessment
- Mitigation and impact management
- Public involvement, consultation and disclosure in ESIA
- Role of PMU and relationship with other stakeholders
- Quality control tools of ESIA
The training involves participatory learning approaches (PLA), application-oriented and interactive, emphasizing on group discussions and analysis of cases/case studies. The course instructors provide basic knowlege and develop problem solving approaches with participants and their role is essentially that of facilitators. Participants are encouraged to raise their ideas and issues related to the course topics, then brain-storm or discuss with other participants and facilitators to find out solutions as well as draw lessons learned.
Good text books, literatures, studies and reliable source of information about EIA/ESIA will be introduced.
KEY PROGRAM FEATURES
Times & dates: 5 days (English), 3 days (Vietnamese); Morning: 8:30 – 12:00 am; Afternoon: 1:30 – 17:00 pm.
Registration: at least 2 weeks before the course starts
Training venue: AIT-VN in Hanoi and in HCMC
Contact: Ms. Pham Thi Thanh Thuy: +84 98 343 7728, Email: email@example.com