To develop essential skills and techniques in facilitating workshops, meetings and seminar sessions, as well as to conceptualize participants’ current practice. The course is workshop format and includes such activities as presentation of well-used facilitation skills, discussion of common facilitating problems, and strategies to overcome them, practice and critique of participants’ work.
At the end of the training course, the participants should be able to:
- Understand the roles and tasks of a facilitator and principles for effectively facilitating a meeting/seminar/workshop
- Collect information from participants through XYZ or brainstorming techniques.
- Consolidate the basic communication skills (observation, listening and using nonverbal communication) for effective facilitation.
- Enhance discussion of participants to create conductive environment for the sharing of ideas and opinions.
- Deal with difficult situations and conflicts in order to reach consensus.
This course will combine theory and practice whereby participants apply the skills introduced in the course in presenting contents relevant to their fields of specialization. Various training methods and techniques will be applied by AIT-VN’s trainer, including presentation of key theories, group discussion and presentation on theories, simulation presentations by group representatives, brainstorming, case-studies on common problems.
These course is designed for manager level with the essential knowledge and important skills in facilitating of workshop, meeting and seminar, which can help them to manage their work effectively.
Ms Lo Ly – Program Officer, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 024 3766 9493, Ext: 123; Mobile: 0912 540 232