Training course on ‘Management of the Influx of Refugee and Refugee Law (MIRRL)’
TRAINING COURSE ON ‘MANAGEMENT OF THE INFLUX OF REFUGEE AND REFUGEE LAW (MIRRL)’ IN DHAKA & COX’S BAZAR, BANGLADESH DURING 16 SEPTEMBER-20 SEPTEMBER 2018
Institute of Professional Training & Management (IPTM) is offering a 05-days’ tailor-made training course on ‘Management of the Influx of Refugee and Refugee Law (MIRRL)’ in Dhaka and Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh during 16 September-20 September 2018. The key objective of this course is to create an in-depth knowledge on the legal status and management of refugee under an emergency influx scenario.
Who can attend:
This training course is designed for the government officials, academia, aspirant aid workers, lawyer, representatives of international and non-governmental organizations, as well as members of the civil society. Any person holding a graduation degree is eligible to attend this course.
Course Outline & Methodology:
The course will focus on the overall aspects of refugee influx, country context analysis, international legal instruments governing and protecting refugees including the rights and responsibilities of States and the forced migrants. Participants in the courses will have the opportunity to interact with practitioners and experts in the field of refugee/IDP protection, who will facilitate various thematic sessions of the program. Different learning methodologies are used to encourage participants to apply knowledge and skills acquired in operations in a practical and pragmatic manner. The training course will be consisting of classroom-based sessions (50%), discussion/experience sharing sessions (20%) with the appropriate field visits (30%). Completion Certificate will be awarded to the participants upon successful completion of the training course.
The following topics would be taught through an interactive and experiential exchange process of learning:
- Definition of Refugees, Forced Migrants and Asylum Seekers
- Internal Displaced Persons (IDPs), Refugees and Cross border local communities
- International Legal Framework and Law for Protection of the Refugees
- Analysis of the political and security context in the country of origins
- Refugee Status Determination (RSD) and Refugee Registration
- Protection, Camp Counseling and Family Reunion
- Refugee Camp Management
- Coordination of camp activities by UN and other Govt. and Non Govt. organizations
- Special care for vulnerable group: MCH & Therapeutic Feeding for the Malnourished Children
- Camp Logistics: Distribution of Food and Non-food Items for Refugees
- Shelter, Water, Health and Sanitation
- Income Generation and Durable Solutions
- Repatriation and Resettlement
- Sources and basics of the International Refugee Law
How to Register:
Please write to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call +880-1933-332277 (also available on Viber, Imo and WhatsApp) for confirmation of your attendance.
For further information, please download the training program here